Children Dentists in Beckton, London
Looking After Your Teeth »
Brushing for Brace Wearers
A good technique will take 2 minutes.
- Brush your teeth twice a day, three times if you have a fixed brace.
- Spend 2-3 minutes brushing, 3-5 minutes if you have a fixed brace.
- Use a timer or listen to your favourite song to make sure you are spending the right amount of time brushing.
- Brush in big circles, starting one side first and working your way round to the other side, top and bottom.
- Remember to clean behind your teeth as well as the front.
- Use an 'inter-space' toothbrush to get to all the smaller areas and around the brackets, under the wire if you have a fixed brace.
- Use disclosing tablets regularly after brushing so you can see any plaque you may have missed (see instructions for use).
- Use a fluoride (alcohol free) mouthwash in the evening after brushing; this will help prevent tooth decay.
- Change your toothbrush every 3 months.
- Visit your regular dentist for check ups.
- Cut down on all sugary drinks and snacks.
Please click here to read our advice on how to keep clean and healthy teeth.
Please click here to read our advice for Removable Braces users
Please click here to read our advice for Fixed Braces users
Please click here to read our advice for Retainers users